5 Facts About Dental Implants
Considering dental implants as a replacement for your missing tooth or teeth? This option is preferred by many people because implants look more like natural teeth. However, there is important information that you should know about the dental implant procedure west chester before deciding if it is right for your needs. Take a look at five important dental implants facts below and talk to your dentist to learn more.
1. Insurance Doesn’t Pay for Implants: If you decide to use implants, keep in mind it is considered a cosmetic procedure and isn’t covered under most insurance plans. Although your policy may cover some of the services needed to prepare for the procedure, expect to pay out of pocket for the actual implants procedure.
2. Lengthy Procedure: If you’re preparing for a dental implants procedure, prepare to devote the next year of your life to this event. Many visits to the dentist will be needed to place the implant in the jaw, averaging about one year from start to finish for most patients.
3. More Natural Than Other Options: Dentures are the most common restoration option used today, but most users have complaints. Dental implants are inserted into the jaw bone so they feel more like natural teeth and look like them, too. Everything from eating to speaking is easier when using dental implants.
4. Permanent Solution: People use dental implants when they want a long-lasting tooth replacement option. With proper care, dental implants over a 20+ year lifetime.
5. Benefits Galore: Aside from the fact that implants look and feel more like real teeth, they offer a plethora of additional benefits. It is easier to eat all of your favorite foods, to speak cleverly, and enjoy life and all of the things that you love the most.